Five reasons why you should see a physical therapist first if you have back pain.
- Seeing a physical therapist first decreases the need for additional medical care. Read More
- Seeing a physical therapist within 14 days of the onset of back pain can save you 50% or more on the cost of healthcare for low back pain. Read More
- Acute, work-related back injury patients should note that an MRI is not indicated, in most cases. Ask your physical therapist or doctor, but it usually provides no benefits, and worse outcomes are likely. Read More
- Seniors that have spinal stenosis, should try physical therapy first. It’s proven to work as well as surgery. Read More
- The American College of Physicians recommends physical therapy before pills for patients with acute low back pain. Read More